AIR DRYER WARRANTY:
The following warranty policy applies to all Air Dryers sold under the Detroit Air and Specialist Rotary brand name imported by UAG Hardwares. Warranties are valid from date of purchase and documents reflecting date of purchase must accompany the completed warranty claim form in order to be processed.
Electrical motor, contactors, solenoids and switchgear.
Electrical systems, parts and components are not covered against anything other than factory fault. In the case of motors, only bearing will be covered. If it can be shown that any electrical system has failed due to factory manufacturing defect, management will replace the faulty part only. All electrical warranty claims will be considered on their merits such as, but not limited to, failure type, usage conditions, hours of operation in relation to date of purchase and influencing factors.
Refrigerated and adsorption dryers.
The air dryer is warrantied against factory defect for a period of two years only. This is calculated on hours used and is based on an 8 hour day.
This warranty covers catastrophic mechanical failure, due to poor workmanship or defective parts and/or materials. Fair wear and tear excluded.
The following parts are covered by a two-year warranty only:
- Fan – NOTE: Bearing failure not due to ingress of any sort.
- Compressor Motor – covered against catastrophic mechanical failure due to system failure or internal failure not related to voltage supply issues.
- After-cooler/heat-exchange unit
- Sensors and PLC
- Minimum pressure valve
- Centrifugal separator if fitted
Situations not covered, but not limited to the following:
- Where it can be shown that installation procedure has not been followed, no warranty will be offered.
- Where it can be shown that servicing has not been carried out, no warranty will be offered.
- Where it can be shown that failure was due to low/high voltage, no warranty will be offered.
- Where it can be shown that the machine overheated due to excessive duty cycle or lack of cooling due to incorrect installation, no warranty will be offered…
Situations covered, but not limited to the following:
- Where it can reasonably be shown that the machine has been installed and maintained properly, a warranty will be given.
- Where it can reasonably be shown that the machine failed prematurely or from new, a warranty will be given.
Should a failure occur just out of prescribed warranty period, management will consider all merits of the claim and may or may not honour the warranty.
Each warranty claim will be taken on its own merits and honoured or rejected at the discretion of management.
Our goal is to offer you a trouble-free warranty period, we will do our best to ensure your machinery keeps running based on a good warranty and support policy.
PLEASE NOTE: machines that are designed to run 24/7 shift work can do so but should run within the capability of the air requirements. Air consumption should not exceed air delivery of the machine. This will be considered excessive use and should a warranty claim arise, this will be taken into account. We always aim to be fair and honourable in a warranty claim scenario, however, we do not hold ourselves liable for damages caused to undersized machinery. Should the machine suffer any catastrophic failure while under excessive use, the nature of the failure will be considered; This means that, for example, a casting crack develops or a fan blade falls off, we would cover blatantly obvious warranty claims that are not impacted by excessive use.